Our Store Products
White Pomfret / வெள்ளை வாவல்
Pomfret fishes are high in fat content, provides calcium, vitamins A and D, and BÂvitamins, including Vitamin B12. Increased Vitamin B12 makes it important for the nervous system. It also contains good amount of iodine, critical for the thyroid gland. Thus Pomfret is good for eyesight and healthy hair and skin.
Trevally / பாறை
Paarai/Parai is a fleshy and tasty seawater fish available throughout the Indian coastal waters and Pacific Oceans. It is also known as Malabar King Fish. It is part of the staple fish basket. October to February is the peak season. Paarai meen comes under the big fish category. The bones of Paarai meen can be easily removed, which is good for children. The colour of the Parai fish is usually a silver overlain by a bluish-grey on the upper side and silvery white on the underside of the fish. It has a single small black spot on the upper margin. Typically, Paarai fish curry and Paarai fish fry are popular delicacy in Tamil Nadu.
It is rich in numerous nutrients such as zinc, potassium, iodine, vitamins, selenium, and Vitamin A. Omega-3 fatty acids are said to keep our skin healthy and help prevent skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema. Freshwater Fish Catla has been known to lower the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
Freshwater Yeri Vavval
Fresh Water Pomfret / Yeri Vaval benefit. Yeri fish is high in calcium, vitamins D, A, and B (particularly vitamin B12, necessary for the neurological system). It contains iodine, which is essential for the thyroid gland. Pomfret fish has many health advantages.
Indian Salmon / காலாKaala Fish Benefits
- Kaala fish helps to decrease the levels of cholesterol.
- Kaala fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Kaala fish is good in the fight against kidney cancer.
- Kaala fish improves eyesight.
- Kaala fish promotes weight loss.
- Kaala fish helps to gain muscle growth.
- Kaala fish is rich in vitamins and proteins.
Black Pomfret / கருப்பு வாவல்
Benefits of Pomfret Fish
- Pomfret fish improves heart health because it contains omega-3 fatty acids. It also reduces blood pressure by reducing cholesterol levels in the blood. Both EPA and DHA are responsible for balancing the workload mechanism of the heart and increases heart efficiency.
- Pomfrets are highly popular among the weight loss freaks as it is high in protein and low in fats which is the best-required diet for weight loss process.
- Those consuming regular pomfrets in their diet, seem to be healthier and more immune comparatively those who never take fish in their diet. This is because it contains many minerals like selenium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, sodium, calcium which are related to strengthening immune power by increasing the metabolic process.
- Moreover, pomfret fish also helps in reducing stress and increases memory power. It also plays role in balancing insulin levels in the blood which ultimately helps diabetes patients.
Squid Rings and Tentacles / கனவா மீன்
Kanava fish has several health benefits:
- It is extremely rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
- It is rich in many nutrients and vitamins.
- Squid contains zinc and manganese among other things.
The various benefits of kanava fish make it an excellent food to add to your diet.
Sardines /மத்தி மீன்Sardines
Sardines provide 2 grams of heart-healthy omega-3s per 3 ounce serving, which is one of the highest levels of omega-3 and the lowest levels of mercury of any fish. They contain a great source of calcium and Vitamin D, so they support bone health, too.
Icing Fish / கடல் விறால்
It has good source of Omega 3 and provides the recommended dietary allowance and saturated fat. It contains low fat Protein source (about 19 grams per serving) with high riboflavin and Vitamin B6 nutrients with Low cholesterol content.
Pearl Spot / கரி மீன்
PEARL SPOT (KARIMEEN)
Karimeen is a highly nutritive food. It contains low fat, high protein, rich in omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D and riboflavin as well as minerals like calcium and phosphorus. Regular consumption of fish is heart-healthy as it helps lower blood pressure.
They are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals that help in maintaining good health. It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc and are a good source of vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin C, B12, B6, A, E and vitamin K.
Lady fish / கிலங்கன்The ladyfish has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, iodine, and vitamin D.
Kalan Fish: Nutritional Benefits
- The fish is low in fat, making it the ideal fish for a low-fat diet.
- High levels of omega-3 fatty acids contribute to heart health.
- High levels of protein are key to muscle-building and bone health.
Emperor / விலை மீன்Vilai Meen Benefits
- Vilai Meen (Emperor) has high content of proteins and phosphorus.
- Vilai Meen (Emperor) is a very low calorie fish.
- Vilai Meen (Emperor) is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Vilai Meen (Emperor) helps in brain development that regulates blood pressure.
Barracuda / சீலா மீன்Sheela meen benefits are endless.
Sheela Fish contains omega-3-fatty acids, which are good to cure many health diseases. Sheela Fish helps to reduce the risk of thrombosis. Sheela meen helps to treat anxiety disorder and also streamlines metabolism. Sheela Fish is good for the skin and protects from UV damage.
Sankara Fish Benefits
Sankara meen has numerous health benefits
- Sankara Fish contains many critical vitamins and minerals
- Sankara fish reduces the levels of cholesterol levels in the blood
- Sankara fish contains nutrients like Omega-3 fatty acids and selenium
- Sankara fish is rich in calcium, potassium and phosphorus that is good for bone and teeth
- Sankara meen contains vitamins such as A, B Complex, D, C
- Sankara fish has low-fat contents
- Sankara fish is good for brain health
Anchovy fish / நெத்திலி
Nethili Fish Benefits
Anchovy fish benefits are endless.
- Nethili fish is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- The bone of Neth1li is rich in calcium, which is good for our bones as well.
- Nethili helps with the reduction of bad cholesterol levels.
- Nethili prevents cardiovascular diseases and is good for people with heart ailments.
- Nethili contains protein, which is good for children. An average fish provides 9 gram of protein and only 55 calories.
- Nethili contains many minerals such as Selenium that is good for prevention of cancer.
- Nethili regulates blood pressure.
Seer Fish/ வஞ்சரம்
Health Benefits of Vanjaram Fish
From the nutritional information above, we can conclude that the fish may give us the health benefits of vanjaram fish. Some benefits we can get form vanjaram fish are:
Good for heart
As we know, fish is high in omega-3 and unsaturated fat. Omega-3 and unsaturated fat are powerful to protect your heart from any cardiovascular diseases. They are also effective in lowering the bad cholesterol within the blood.
Some delectable reasons to include the fish into your diet are the Health Risks of High Levels of Saturated Fat and Cholesterol you may get from consuming too much red meat and chicken.
Boneless (cat fish)
Catfish is low in calories and packed with lean protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. It’s particularly rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin B12. It can be a healthy addition to any meal, though deep frying adds far more calories and fat than dry heat cooking methods like baking or broiling.
Crab / நண்டு
Health benefits of eating crab meat
Good for diabetics Along with all other shellfish, crabs are rich in chromium, which helps insulin to metabolize sugar, and thereby lowers the blood glucose levels in the body.
All shellfish, including crab, have generous amounts of selenium. Selenium is an anti-oxidant and cancels out the carcinogenic effects of cadmium, mercury and arsenic, which can cause tumors in humans. It has been proved that higher levels of selenium in the blood lead to lower rates of cancer. In fact, lysate, which is extracted from the blue blood of the horse-shoe crab, is used for detection of spinal meningitis and for fighting cancer.
The fat content of Koduva meen is quite low. It is also a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which help keep cholesterol levels in check. Omega-3 fatty acids are also linked to good heart and brain health. Protein which is necessary for growth and development is abundant in Barramundi or Koduva.
Sura Fish Benefits
The Health Benefits of Sura meen are endless
- Sura fish increases the secretion of the breast milk
- Sura fish is rich in proteins and other nutritious elements
- Sura fish reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Sura fish is good for health and beauty of skin
- Sura fish contains proteins, vitamin D
- Sura fish is a great source of vitamin B12, selenium
- Sura fish contains Omega-3 fatty acids and iodine
- Sura fish boost the health of brain
Excellent source of healthy, extra lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids and rich in niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, phosphorus, and selenium, while being low in saturated fat and low in sodium. Good dietary cure for constipation with diuretic properties too, making it beneficial for those with urinary inflammations.
Mirugaal is a fresh water fish available in all around south India. It can be used for both curry and fry. But one has to be careful while eating cutla, because it will have lot of pin bones.
Prawn / இறால்
PRAWNS have high protein content and they belong to the shell fish family. Various species of prawns are
Available which are varying in size also. Sizes are normally referred to in counts of 10/20/30/50/100 etc. per kg.Distinct taste and structure of prawns are preferred by all fish eaters. It lends itself to various types of preparation including prawn curry, prawn fry, prawn biryani etc.
Indian Mackeral / அயிலை மீன்
Mackerel or bangada is good for health as it prevents heart diseases, diabetes and dementia to name a few. Mackerel, known as bangada in hindi, is one of the most widely consumed fish variety in India.
Squid fish/கடம்பா மீன்